Dogtra 202 NCP is basically the same as the popular Dogtra 200 NCP model, except for the fact it has been designed for two dogs. Although the Element 302 M has since replaced this popular model, this Dogtra 202 NCP two dog collar review will highlight its many features and advantages.
This durable and affordable dog training collar system has long been a favorite among dog trainers and pet owners alike. For those who want to control or train two dogs conveniently at the same time, this collar system makes it easy. This entry-level collar system was designed for use with medium to mild-mannered sporting dogs that require low to medium powered electronic corrections. As this Dogtra202NCP multi-dog e-collar review points out, this popular collar offered numerous benefits. Although it’s still possible to find this particular model, the popular Dogtra Element 302 M model that replaces it is the recommended choice.
Features and Benefits
The economical Dogtra 202 NCP Gold has long been a favorite collar system because of it’s many features, which include the following:
- Waterproof receiver collar and transmitter.
- Collar receiver doesn’t have an external antenna, providing ease of use.
- It’s easy to gradually adjust the stimulation intensity without experiencing large jumps between correction levels, thanks to the rheostat dial.
- Two-dog system makes it easy and convenient to control and train two dogs at the same time.
- The fact that there are more than 3,000 different identity codes helps to prevent training confusion resulting from conflicts between other dogs’ e-collars.
- Powered by Ni-MH batteries, which are owner-replaceable and rechargeable.
- The one-charger system makes it possible to charge the receiver and transmitter simultaneously.
There are numerous reasons why this Dogtra 202 NCP two dog collar review recommends this fine collar system, such as:
- Thanks to its ergonomically friendly design, the transmitter is easy to control and hold.
- The easily adjustable 3/4-inch wide collar can be adjusted to fit dogs that have up to an 18-inch neck measurement.
- Features a 1/2-mile range, which works well for a wide variety of dog training needs.
- Because this collar system is designed for two dogs, there’s no need to struggle with two separate transmitters.
- The constant stimulation, nick stimulation, and non-electrical pager signal modes provide a lot of versatility when it comes to corrections and training.
Although there are certainly numerous advantages to this collar, our Dogtra 202NCP multi-dog e-collar review would also like to point out a few cons that buyers should be aware of:
- This two dog collar system utilizes electronic stimulations. Although these stimulations are perfectly safe for dogs, some owners object to using them. If this is the case, the non-electronic pager mode could be used instead.
- The 1/2-mile range might not be adequate for every training scenario, especially for those who are training long-range sporting dogs in the field.
After reading this review, you may have decided that this collar sounds perfect for your dog training needs. If this is the case, you might still be able to find one of these collar systems available. If not, the Element 300M would be a good choice, since it’s the replacement for this discontinued collar.
As pointed out in our Dogtra 202 NCP two dog collar review, there are many good reasons to choose this collar system. However, because it is a discontinued model, you might find it difficult to find one of these collars. If so, our Dogtra 202NCP multi-dog e-collar review would like to recommend the Element 300M, since many of the features are the same. Once you’ve chosen the collar that is right for you and your dog, you’ll find the best prices right here.