If you’re looking for an easy to use and affordable collar system that provides plenty of options, the Dogtra 280 NCP could be the perfect choice. As this Dogtra 280 NCP electric collar review will point out, this system provides many advanced features that can make it easier and more convenient to train your dog.
Features and Benefits
The Dogtra 280 NCP is a favorite among dog owners and trainers for a wide variety of reasons, including the following:
- Easy to adjust rheostat dial makes it simple to use the exact correction intensity, without worrying about large jumps between levels. Provides up to 127 levels of correction.
- Provides a correction stimulation for every training need, whether you need continuous correction, momentary “nick” correction, or even non-electronic pager vibrations.
- It’s easy to keep close tabs on your battery level, thanks to the LED colored indicator and 3-bar battery life indicator.
- There’s no external antenna on the receiver collar to get in the way.
- Charge the receiver and transmitter at the same time using the one-charger system.
- Ergonomically designed transmitter is small and easy to carry when in the field, weighing just 4.8 oz.
There are many reasons why our Dogtra 280 NCP electric collar review recommends this collar as a best choice, including the following:
- Receiver collar is lightweight, durable and easy to clean. Adjustable, designed to fit neck sizes up to 28 inches.
- Uses long-lasting, fully rechargeable NiMH batteries, which can last for 3-5 years if cared for properly. Batteries are also owner replaceable.
- Reduces the chance for collar identity code mix-ups, thanks to the fact that there are over 999 possible codes.
- The blue LCD screen is easy to read, even in the field under low-light conditions.
- Both the transmitter and receiver collar are fully waterproof.
- 1/2-mile range is perfect for a wide variety of training situations.
- There’s a Euro version of this collar available, designed to match overseas voltage levels.
- Two-dog model is available if needed.
Although this model has many fine features, our Dogtra 280NCP shock collar review has also discovered a few cons that buyers need to be aware of:
- The intensity of the correction signals might not be strong enough for dogs that are especially strong-willed or stubborn.
- Collar system should not be used on dogs that weigh less than 15 pounds.
- Although sufficient for many training needs, the 1/2-mile range might not be adequate when training long-range sporting dogs.
If you’re looking for a collar system that is simple to use and yet has plenty of advanced features, our Dogtra 280 NCP electric collar review recommends this system as a top choice. It’s an excellent training collar system for a wide variety of dogs, including even smaller dogs that weigh at least 15 pounds and timid dogs. With up to 127 levels of correction, it provides plenty of training versatility. If you’ve decided after reading this Dogtra 280NCP shock collar review that this is the collar for you and your dog, you’ll find the best prices right here.