Pet Water Fountains
Drinking from a source of clean, free-flowing water is embedded into the DNA of dogs and cats, who, in the wild, would have drunk from rivers and streams. An automatic pet water fountain provides fresh, running water, encouraging your pet to drink more – which is vital for keeping them healthy and free of kidney problems and urinary tract infections. And as a pet parent, having a pet water fountain gives you peace of mind that your furbaby has access to fresh water 24/7, whether you’re at home or away.
Cat Water Fountains & Dog Water Fountains
Cat and dog water fountains come in different materials, styles, designs, and water capacities to meet the varying needs of different pet households. Pet water fountains can have a tap, waterfall, or bubbling effect. For the most part, they are made with stainless steel, plastic, or ceramic material.
Most pet water fountains come with activated carbon filters to remove bad tastes and odors, and foam filters to trap pet hair and dirt before they reach the pump.
Make sure you choose the best type of fountain for your cat or dog’s needs.
What is the Best Cat Water Fountain?
- PetSafe Drinkwell Pagoda Pet Fountain: This elegant square fountain has a 70-ounce capacity and dispenses water as two free-falling streams. Made of chic glazed ceramic, this cat water fountain is antimicrobial and non-porous. Upper and lower dishes provide two drinking areas. It includes a replaceable foam pre-filter and carbon filter. The Pagoda Fountain is available in 4 colors and fits seamlessly with any décor.
- PetSafe Drinkwell 1/2 Gallon Pet Fountain: This cat fountain provides a free-falling stream that can be customized based on your cat’s preferences. It has a wide bowl to keep your cat’s whiskers from brushing the sides. A combination of a carbon filter and foam filter does a great job of keeping the water clean and great-tasting.
- Eyenimal Bubbling Dog & Cat Water Fountain: This compact bubbler-style fountain offers an attractive design that caters to the needs of a cat. The eye-catching bubbling stream prevents stagnant water and encourages hydration. It can hold up to 52.8 oz. of water.
What is the Best Dog Water Fountain?
- PetSafe Drinkwell 360 Stainless Multi-Pet Fountain: This is a well-rounded and sufficient pet water fountain. It holds up to 128 oz. (a gallon) of fresh, running water, which is enough for large dogs and multiple smaller pets. The water falls from all directions and you can adjust the flow to your dog’s needs. The stainless steel material resists bacteria and is easy to clean.
- PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Water Fountain: Dogs who enjoy drinking from a running ta will like this dog water fountain. It has a faucet-style design with adjustable flow control. Your dog can lap up water from the lower basin or the water stream. It has a huge 168-ounce water capacity, making it a good option for larger breed dogs or multi-pet households.
- PetSafe Drinkwell Multi-Tier Pet Fountain: With a 100-ounce capacity, this pet water fountain provides plenty of water for dogs of all sizes. It has two levels, allowing for elevated and low-down drinking. The upper tier is great for older and arthritic pets. It also offers adjustable flow control and dual-filtration.
Pet Water Fountain Accessories
Looking for pet water fountain accessories? We’ve got you covered. Purchase replacement carbon filters, replacement foam filters, cleaning kits, stainless steel water bowls, and other dog and cat fountain accessories.